CRS - Rice Bowl
Parishes and Catholic Schools across the U.S. participate in the Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Lenten program, CRS Rice Bowl. Through prayer, learning, fasting and giving, parishioners learn solidarity with families and individuals in other countries. During Lent, Parishioners are asked to contribute to the CRS Rice Bowl collection. These funds further the work of CRS internationally, and support of organizations locally for programs that compliment CRS objectives such as feeding the hungry. The first 25% of the total collection is retained by the Diocese for use as grants to such local organizations. The other 75% assists CRS to address causes of global poverty and hunger.
The Bishop appoint a Diocesan Board to allocate the Rice Bowl funds retained for local use. The Board is composed of clergy, religious, and laypeople from around the Diocese, and is chaired by the Diocesan Director for CRS, and is the same Board and Director for the Catholic Campaign for Human Development (CCHD).
Submit your 2013 CRS Rice Bowl Collection:
Please submit all CRS Rice Bowl funds to the Finance Office by May 31, 2013. The 25% local share grants will be decided on June 28 and we would like to have a full accounting of the 2013 CRS Rice Bowl campaign. Please be sure to clearly mark that the funds are for CRS Rice Bowl. If you have any questions please contact Kathy McCoy at 563-355-6347.
CRS Rice Bowl Videos
Seminarian Ross Epping Message to Youth
Please click on the link to view video created by CRS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw0iv2RodvQ.
A Diocese of
Davenport seminarian was able to see how funds from Catholic Relief
Services Rice Bowl program are being used in Burkina Faso.
Links to more information.
Chancery Address: 780 West Central Park Ave., Davenport, Iowa 52804-1901
Phone: 563-324-1911 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
© Diocese of Davenport 1997-2013 All Rights Reserved